Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lesson 5 Response

I feel like after spending so much time studying conceptual art, that there comes a point where it all begins to blur together. I become confused between the differences between different styles because all I see are different concepts that are built around the architecture of a piece. I constantly feel that there is a requirement to judge, appreciate, or experience a conceptual poem on its own level, like you would appreciate a child’s drawing for what it was in comparison to other children’s drawings. I am not saying this is a bad thing, on the contrary, how great would the world be if we looked at it in the spirit in which it was created? For the record I am not really sure what Oulipo is yet, and will read on to get a better grasp of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment